My husband and I just celebrated our one year anniversary. While some days it feels like it was just yesterday we stood in front of our family and friends and exchanged vows, there are some days too that it seems like we have been married for eternity already .I guess it was true when people said the first year of marriage is a roller coaster. Jubs and I have learned and grew a lot during this first year of marriage. It almost feels like we have seen it all, the Good, Bad and ugly,but in the midst of trying to figure out this thing called life together, we have discovered how beautiful our perfectly imperfect love and admiration for each other is, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.. While on this perfectly imperfect journey of Love and marriage , here are the 10 things I learned in my first here of marriage.
- The first year of marriage is suppose to be the hardest, they say,..you better believe that.. I mean you leave the life you know and trust behind and join lives with another person, yes there s bound to be some fiction . With time ,you get to know your spouse better and things ease up eventually.
- You need to work on your marriage. No happy or successful marriage is ever built by a single person. It takes two to tango, don’t let the fights discourage or hold you back.. Every single marriage out there has bad days,so work on making yours better.
- While your focus can be on your spouse most of the times, sometimes the secret is to shift it on you ..Im working on being the best wife I can be to my husband .
- Never try changing your husband. Love the man you fell in love with.
- Learning your spouse s Love Language is extremely important for any marriage. We all communicate our love and respect for each other differently. To communicate better, you must understand what your partner is saying.
- Never go to bed angry… well ..while I’m still trying to put this into action,Im guilty of this. Whoever invented this is a genius , you wake up mad and frustrated and yet you cant remember why you stayed mad all night. Not worth it, nip it in the butt.
- I love my husband more everyday.. Trust me you discover new things about your spouse everyday that leaves you in complete awe.. It could be the very little things like flowers, the way he appreciates you and all..
- Life gets busy, but always make time for each other.. Date nights are a must, spend time together.
- Make time for family and love ones. Yes your are married now, while you have new set of responsibilities and priorities , you should make time for family and love ones, it rejuvenates you.
- Sometimes we are driven by emotions, So put away first reactions and readdress the situation latter on, you ll be shocked by how much must have changed.
While it can seem like I´ve mastered it all, lol.. I know Im no pro, and will appreciate all the advice I can get on making my marriage a healthy and happy one.. What lessons did you learn in your first year of marriage? and what is the best piece of advice ever given to you? Please share..
Have a blessed weekend everyone, and remember to check back soon.
Love x Light