Becoming a better blogger is at the top of my list this new year. I realized that even though I love blogging, I usually find myself in a rut of not doing it the right way. I procrastinated usually and ended up not posting as frequently as I should. I missed deadlines, responded to emails long after they were sent and thus not being professional the way I would have liked to, this hurt my readership as well as my relationship with brands last year, believe me nobody wants to stay committed to a blog when you re not sure when the next post would be up..Well.. lets just say Im trying to catch up and be on top of things this year and below are the 5 things that will help me get there.. So if you find yourself in the rut I was in last year and want to become a better blogger this year, Read on.
- Blog Regularly and with Amazing content.. I plan on blogging regularly, be it once or twice a week, I need to give you all my beautiful readers something to look up to, if a new post is scheduled to come up every sunday, so be it, I will try to workout a schedule and follow through with it , no excuses this time around, unless something really really serious happens. And not forgetting content, I plan on giving you some amazing content thus keep you glued and interested thus making me a brilliant blogger , wink wink.
- Engage Engage Engage.. Yes , this is one part of blogging I haven’t really done a lot on and it has hurt me as a blogger for awhile now. Engaging with your readers and fellow bloggers is essential in becoming a better blogger. I know blogging can make you somewhat of a narcissist , but it is important to note that its not all about you and the nice clothes you wear, it is about the readers, get to know them, engage them and let your content add value to their lives every time they visit.
- Be more active on social media.. If you are like me, the only time you are on social media is when you are posting new content. Well .. what about promoting an older post, while Im not asking you to go and literally live on social media, I plan to be more active in promoting myself and my blog and interacting with my fellow bloggers and you my amazing followers..So catch Missblizzers on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +, so guys, lets connect.
- Having a better understanding of SEO (search engine optimization). To blog better and rank higher with google, you need to master SEO. The focused key words per post are a must, I found out that the times I actually paid attention to focused keywords and SEO optimization, my blog stats went up. This 2016, Im making this a priority in becoming a better blogger.
- Working hard on becoming a Pro. What do I mean by this? well its basically summing up everything we ve listed above, treating my blog like the business it is becoming, quality pictures, great content, engaging with you the readers, getting a business card (can’t believe how many times I ve been asked if I had one) and just being at the top of it all.
I know blogging is no easy walk in the park, it takes hard work, determination and much more to stay afloat. I am confident to make this year our best yet here on Missblizzers, with your love and support and my drive to be better, I see great things happening. Have any tips to add on Becoming A Better Blogger? please do not hesitate to share, don’t be a ghost reader guys, get on board so I get to know you better.. Catch ya latters..
Love x Light