Our skin is our largest organ,it protects us against outside dangers and our priority should be to treat it right ,always. Remember the skin you love and care for today will be skin you inherit tomorrow. Lets treat it right and avoid some very common practices that could damage our skin entirely. Here are some very common mistakes we are guilty of that doesn’t benefit our skin and our overall health in general.
- Not wearing sunscreen. Not using sunscreen is one of the most harmful habits than damages your skin. You need to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun, especially when you are spending long hours at the beach or outdoors. Wear a protective sunscreen religiously to avoid sunburn, premature skin aging and in some cases, skin cancer. Do black women need sunscreen? Yes Yes and Yes.. Contrary to popular believe, black do Crack especially when not properly taken care of.
- Over Scrubbing. Yeah I know , I know.. It is being said that, scrubbing is a good practice to remove dead skin and reveal younger and clearer looking skin. But sometimes we tend to over do it,over exfoliating is bad for your skin . A few times a week, maximum 2 is great, anything more will be damaging to your skin´s protective barrier.
- Using dirty Makeup brushes. Clean your makeup brushes at least once a week. There is nothing worse than transferring bacterial from dirty makeup brushes to a cleansed face. Wash your brushes using a gentle cleanser or soap with warm water to remove all the oil build up from your makeup. Results; clean, soft brushes and a clearer skin.
- Not changing your pillow cases. You should change your pillow cases at least once a week. Residue from hair and makeup gets transferred to pillow cases which over time clog pores and causes breakout.
- Not Using Anti Aging Products. This was a tricky one for me. I always thought anti aging was for old people but Im glad I caught up on this sooner than latter. We don’t have to wait until we start seeing the lines before we start thinking anti aging products. Start sooner,early 20`s yeah why not? remember prevention is the best defense.
Have any points to add to the list ladies? please let us know.. Sorry we do not have an outfit post today, but I promise to make up for that.. Enjoy the new week and catch ya latters…
Love x Light